If you would like to see how RoboTutor is being used in a real University setting, Dr. Owen Hall at Pepperdine University in Southern
California has created numerous RoboTutor exams to go with his online courses. He
uses study.net to present his course material and
RoboTutor for his testing. To see how nicely it works, follow these
quick instructions. I think you will be impressed. It might also give you some
ideas how you may want to do your online training.
- Go to http://www.study.net
- Enter into the Login box: ehall
- Enter into the Password box: mooncity
- Click Go
- The My Home page appears
- Click My Courses button on left side
- The My Courses page appears
- Click on Study.Net University -- Stat City Demo to highlight it.
- Then click View Course
- Two Windows open. Close the top one.
- The Syllabus page appears
- Click the Assignments button on the left side
- The Assignments page appears
- Click on the Descriptive Statistics Practice Exam link about half
way down the page.
- The Session2: Descriptive Statistics window opens.
- Click on the Click Here button under Description
- Fill in your name and make up a password
- The RoboTutor test appears. This is just one of many tests Dr. Hall has up and
running for his online business courses.
Notice, you can enter new student names, not just existing
names in the database. The link to the test contains all the information
needed to open it. It is not necessary for the student to pick a test.